With 15g of protein and 3g of fat per serving tuna is an amazing source of lean protein. Although canned tuna has gotten a bad rap lately, if you pick the right type and don’t consume more than 2 cans per week you can eat this delightful snack with little to no guilt. I love making this for a quick lunch because it only takes 10 minutes maximum to prep.
- 1 can light chunk tuna in water
- 1 tbsp light mayo or Greek yogurt
- If you are dairy/egg free substitute with olive oil or miso paste
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- ½ an apple
- Fresh chopped cilantro (as much or as little as you like!)
- Juice from ½ a soft fresh lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the tuna and lightly pre-flake in a bowl
- Add all other ingredients and mix - add more of whatever you like to taste.
- Eat alone or over a bed of spinach, with brown rice crisps, topped on cucumbers, wrapped in lettuce wraps, or on your favourite whole grain bread.